There are a wide range of options when it comes to feeding your cat, but how do you know you’re choosing the right one? Feeding a combination of wet and dry food has several key health benefits that make it a great choice for truly keeping our cats healthy and happy.
1. THE CONVENIENCE AND HIGH-QUALITY NUTRITION OF DRY FOOD
Dry food, such as kibble, will deliver complete and balanced nutrition for everything a cat needs and is often tailored to their individual life stage, such as kitten or senior, and lifestyle such as indoor or sterilized needs. On a gram per gram basis, dry food will deliver a more nutrient-dense choice of nutrition than wet food which means that you will often feed a smaller total amount per day which not only helps optimize digestion and stool health, but also enable that bag of dry food to last several weeks. When feeding a premium natural brand, like Wellness CORE, one of the best benefits for cat owners is that dry recipes will also deliver added health benefits that are not in wet recipes.
- A crunchy texture to help clean their teeth
- Added omega 3 fatty acids for healthy skin and coat
- Dietary fiber, prebiotics and probiotics for optimal digestion
- Antioxidants to support immune health
- Joint nutrients such as glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate to support active mobility
WET FOOD – THE PROTEIN BOOST, HYDRATION SUPPORT AND GO-TO CHOICE FOR THOSE FUSSY CATS
Wet food is often a preferred choice for cats. The textures, flavors and forms deliver a different feeding experience for cats, that is instinctually preferred and easy to eat. With a wide range of recipes available, wet food comes in numerous textures as well as different protein flavors to suit every cat’s taste. A great way to add variety to your cat’s diet, wet food also has the added health benefit of delivering a moisture content, meaning it is a great hydration boost that supports their urinary health. “This is key not only to a cat’s wellbeing, but it is also a great choice for minimizing urinary tract upsets which is so very important for our felines. As a veterinarian, adding some wet food is something that I encourage all cat parents to add every day to their cat’s mealtimes” says Dr Danielle Bernal, Wellness CORE Veterinarian.
Consider feeding your cat a combination of wet & dry food to get the benefits of both. Start by adding a little wet as a topper or mixer in with their dry or you can also feed it as a whole meal. With a wide range of textures and flavours, as well as a taste 9/10 cats love, Wellness CORE has wet recipes that deliver a taste every cat will love or as we like to say, a catisfaction guarantee. When it comes to Wellness CORE’s dry recipes, not only do our team craft every recipe to support their health with complete and balanced nutrition, but also to promote a lifetime of wellbeing for your cat.
KEY BENEFITS OF MIXED FEEDING
- Best of both worlds – both deliver great health benefits
- Dry: nutrient-dense, more scientifically focused health inclusions and convenient
- Wet: flavor and variety – key for cats who instinctively prefer wet food, the best solution for customers who have fussy cats, and hydration to support their wellbeing but especially so for urinary tract health
- When it comes to wet food, you can customize however you see fit (assuming both are complete and balanced) and to what your cat prefers. We all like to eat differently every day, and so do our cats.